Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- 18" and 24" Green Egg Style inserts include 3" spacers to elevate the insert
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 second clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
- Arteflame is not Affiliated in any way with Kamado or The Big Green Egg Company
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark black color shown in the images once it's been used several times.
At GUNROCK INDUSTRIES we believe in helping others whenever possible. It's our core principle and it starts at home right here in Massachusetts.
HOW WE DO IT
1 - We support American Companies, American Design and American Made Products first.
- We support US Charities that help US citizens & causes first.
- We believe that these efforts will further expand to do more good by helping American jobs and families.
- We never compromise on quality, whoever makes them, no exceptions.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We have developed a two-tier system to easily identify companies and products.
Look for the GOLD FLAG for American Company, American Design & American Craftsmanship (products Made in USA).
Look for the SILVER FLAG for American Company, American Design products (select imports).
FURTHER INFO & COMMUNICATION
Please have a look at OUR CHARITABLE GIVING page for further information on what we’re doing presently. Please feel free to contact us with questions, ideas & feedback regarding this part of our business.
All orders of $99 or more of eligible items across any product category qualify.
Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express.
Returns & Refunds.
You can return any item purchased on Gunrock Industries within 30 days of the delivery date.